Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Question: What Kind Of Saddle Should I buy?

I want to do competitive trail events. I am debating between getting an English, Western, or Endurance saddle.

English saddles:
-comfy seat
-light weight
-sometimes my ankles get sore in them(shouldn't be a prob w/ endurance stirrups)
-not as secure

Western:
-can be heavier
-not as easy to post (if I don't get a gaited horse, that is)
-sometimes seat is uncomfortable-
-easy on my knees
-secure

Endurance:
I don't know, I've never used one, but they sound comfy.



Marianne says:
If you want to do endurance or competitive trail riding, get an endurance saddle. Most of your English and Western saddles are not built to be ridden in for hours at a time and do get uncomfortable- Endurance saddles are built for just that, and come from more "Western" styles to ones that look like Dressage saddles on steroids.


Park It Out says:
I'd say if you're going to really get into competitive trail riding, maybe an endurance saddle would be the best thing.

No matter what you pick, definitely make sure that it's fitted properly for both you and the horse, especially because you'll be riding longer distances and conditioning more often.


Aryn says:
I would so with a western saddle because they are sometimes heavier but there so so comfortable and your knees and your butt will thank you, plus if your doing trail it is much better to have a western because you can hang this on the horn that you will need thorough the trails. Also it is a lot more secure. trust me I ride in both English and western and I prefer western.

No comments:

Post a Comment